Chemicals and Nutrients for Your Brain
It is quite normal for people who are smitten with anxiety disorders to resort to prescription medication. However, oftentimes, anti-anxiety medicines only deal with the symptoms and not the root causes. Anti-anxiety medication often provoke dislike from people who have used them for some time. One of the most common reasons is its side effects.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Here are some foods and drinks that can help you fight anxiety.
1) If you are feeling too stressed, try drinking some Chamomile tea. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. If you find it hard to sleep at night, Chamomile can help you sleep. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) Turkey contains a substance called tryptophan that can trick your mind in feeling more calm and relaxed. Tryptophan is related to serotonin, a chemical that helps the brain deal with anxiety. In food, tryptophan is known to help relieve stress.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. It can help you prevent anxiety-induced heart attack by keeping your heart rate steady.
4) Green leafy vegetables mixed with hemp oil is good for your brain. Stress and anxiety can be brought to a manageable level with these foods. A crucial player in brain-adrenal axis balance is magnesium, which is found in green leafy vegetables.
5) Dark chocolate calms you. Dark chocolate has more cocoa which contain substances known to relieve stress and induce calmness.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Turmeric aids in digestion, healing, reducing inflammation of joints, and maintaining a balanced blood sugar level.
7) Folic acid is a substance that helps in managing anxiety. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. When the level of folic acid in your body goes down, your brain’s neurotransmitters will be impaired, this causes anxiety and stress.
8) Liver and other organ meats are a good source of vitamin B. Serotonin production is done by methylation which requires sufficient amount of vitamin B in the body.
9) Eating oysters can increase your intake of zinc, an essential mineral that your brain requires to behave normally. Anxiety disorder is caused by a deficiency in zinc.
10) Improving the health of your stomach will help improve the condition of your brain to deal with anxiety and stress. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.